Preparing for Your Resume Consultation
Congratulations on taking the next step for your career! During the call, your resume writer will learn about your career goals, discuss resume strategy, and identify key content for your resume.
This may be your first time with one of our resume writers, so we listed some tips below to help you with the next steps of this resume writing process.
Here are tips to help you get the most out of the resume call:
- Still need to send us your resume or supporting documents (old resumes, job descriptions, transcripts, portfolio examples)? You can still email these over to your writer or directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once assigned a resume writer, feel free to email them with questions, for advice, or more info about your job search.
- Please pay the invoice at least 24 hours before to the call. (Invoice is sent after confirming appointment). We hold on to the payment and pay the resume consultant only after they email you the completed copy.
- During your phone call try to be in a quiet place where you can focus with access to your resume.
- Start thinking about your goals, accomplishments, and work related duties to make sure your consultant understands your role.
Here are some questions to consider:
- What types of positions will you be applying for?
- What are your top 3 career accomplishments?
- What are your top 4-5 main work related duties?
- What in your resume needs the most improvement?
- Are you relocating, changing industries, or targeting roles above your current experience?
- What types of companies are you interested in?
After your phone consultation, your resume writer will spend time building an effective resume. This resume gets reviewed by a second resume writer, and gets puts through a 3rd party proofreading software before it ends up in your email inbox.
If you every have any questions please don't hesitate to email us here: email@example.com